SAN DIEGO, CA – It’s often said, with nods of wise agreement, that any organization is nothing without its people. Countless books and courses on leadership, over many decades, address this well-known and accepted axiom.
Then why are nearly 70% of all employees in the U.S. disengaged at work? Clearly, the conferences, books, courses and motivational speakers are insufficient to make a difference.
On April 12th at the Executive Leadership Mastermind (ELM) Group’s breakfast, Garry Ridge, President and CEO of WD-40 Company, will give a talk entitled “It Is All About The People.”
This talk by Garry will offer a look “under the hood” of one of the world’s most recognized brands, where employee engagement is above 93%, 98% say they “love to work at WD-40 Company”, and 99% say that their “opinions and values are a good fit” for WD-40 Company.
This high engagement has resulted in a company that has doubled in revenue in the last decade, and is on a trajectory to double again in the next.
Garry will share his company’s “learning moments” over the course of his efforts to transform the company’s culture, beginning in 1997. Lessons and principles covered include:
- The personal journey of every servant leader, and why that philosophy is critical
- The emotional connection of a greater purpose that creates high engagement
- How to carefully and consciously choose values that will be embedded in all aspects of leadership and employee development
- Why investing in people who invest in themselves is a secret to succession planning and greater organizational capability
- The difference between a “team” and a “tribe”, and why WD-40 Company strove to create a cohesive tribe that spans 15 countries where employees work
- How company performance results are directly connected to its focus on people
The presentation will be followed by an Executive Leadership Mastermind member discussion and the opportunity to network with other leaders. A continental breakfast will be served. Seating is limited and RSVPs are required. RSVP at: www.meetup.com/ELMgroup*
* To RSVP you must be a member of the Executive Leadership Mastermind (ELM) Group. To apply for membership, go to: www.meetup.com/ELMgroup .
About the Executive Leadership Mastermind (ELM) Group: ELM was established by a group of alumni of the Master of Science in Executive Leadership program at the University of San Diego School of Business Administration. ELM is the mastermind forum for executive servant leadership development and its Mission is to inspire and empower servant leaders through Learning, Teaching and Leading. The Group meets for topic presentations, deep discussions, peer support and networking in a fun and confidential environment. www.meetup.com/ELMgroup .